Creative Mile: Brentford Art Trail
Creative Mile is a celebration of Brentford’s creativity, its industrial past, and it’s riverside communities, with artist studios and pop-up exhibitions spread across 8 venues along a one-mile walking route
Creative Mile is a celebration of Brentford’s creativity, its industrial past, and it’s riverside communities, with artist studios and pop-up exhibitions spread across 8 venues along a one-mile walking route running from Kew Bridge down to Johnson’s Island.
Exhibitions are open 11am to 5pm on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th September (with some variations by venue).
The opening event takes place 6-8pm on Friday 3rd September at Catherine Wheel Road.
Events will be published on the Creative Mile website in the week before the Mile.
Creative Mile includes paintings, ceramics, jewellery, textiles, photography, mosaics, sculpture, and digital art from around sixty artists, all of them either based in Brentford or the borough of Hounslow.
Look out for:
* Mark Farid’s ‘Seeing I’ exhibition at Watermans, based on a day in the life of four Brentford residents who recorded their lives with a set of digital glasses;
* Tom Morley’s Art Car (in the form of a Vauxhall Corsa) at Catherine Wheel Road;
* Family activities at the Water and Steam Museum, from knitting and puppets to building a community townscape.
Find us at:
1) The London Museum of Water and Steam (family festival)
2) The Musical Museum (pop-up exhibitions)
3) Watermans (Mark Farid’s Seeing I)
4) Studio Flox (pop-up exhibitions)
5) The Loft (open studios)
6) Duke of London (classic-car-garage-cum-exhibition-space)
7) The Brentford Project Event Space (Redlees artists)
8) Johnson’s Island (artist colony)
Creative Mile is funded by Creative Enterprise West (Mayor of London), with additional funding from Hounslow Council’s WELCOME Back fund. We also acknowledge the support of Creative People & Places Hounslow, Ballymore, Octink, University of West London, The Brook, and all the venues and artists who have put their time and resources into this project.
3 (Friday) 6:00 pm - 5 (Sunday) 5:00 pm