Health in the Park
Grab your picnic and come and get involved in a variety of FREE outdoor health activities from yoga, football, food workshops, painting, competitions, outdoor games,
Grab your picnic and come and get involved in a variety of FREE outdoor health activities from yoga, football, food workshops, painting, competitions, outdoor games, meditation, treasure hunts, singing from the brain, tennis and much more on Saturday 29 July, 11am to 3pm, Redlees Park, Isleworth, TW7 6DW.
There will also be more than 30 Health and Community Stalls, plus FREE health checks on the day.
All activities are FREE and have been designed by health and community partners to offer something fun for all ages. You can:
- Hop on a smoothie bike and make a refreshing drink whilst you cycle
- Participate in fitness demonstrations delivered by Lampton leisure
- Test your skills on the court with tennis taster sessions
- Jump on the inflatable 5-a-side football pitch for some friendly competition
- Get involved in a treasure hunt, observe nature, and create your own nature bracelet.
- Be immersed into African culture
- Centre your mind with Baduanjin qigong (a mind and body exercise using meditation), 12-minute sessions on offer throughout the day.
- Test your knowledge on health quizzes
- Join an outdoor yoga session
- Participate in live cooking demonstrations
- Share your voice in a 20-minute Singing for the Brain session
- Relax in the sunshine and participate in a painting and sketching session
- Strap yourself in for a game of human football on the inflatable foosball table
A range of health professionals will be available on the day to provide helpful advice and guidance on how we can all support long-term health. There will also be leads from support groups highlighting the easy ways to access their services in the borough.
Prize highlights on the day include:
- BeeZee Hamper – donated by www.beezeebodies.com
- £25 shopping voucher from the BetterPoints app.
- Plus many more
The event is being delivered by the Hounslow Borough Based Partnership in collaboration with NHS partners, Hounslow Council and voluntary and community partners including:
Addiction Recovery Community, Betterpoints, Brentford Football Club Community Sports Trust, Care UK, C Change West London, Chronically Brown, Healthy Hounslow, Healthwatch Hounslow, Hounslow Jamia Masjid Hounslow Respiratory Support Group, Hounslow’s Promise, Integrated Neurological Services, Let’s Go Outside and Learn, Macmillan Cancer Support, Middlesex Association for the Blind, Mind, Royal Association for the Deaf, Royal National Institute of Blind People, SFIDA Kosovan/Albanian/Macedonian and Gorani Group, SheWise, The Alzheimer’s Society, The Gurkha Centre, The Mulberry Centre, Trinjan, Visiting Angels, West London Queer Project and West London Ghanaian Association
(Saturday) 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Worton Road, Isleworth TW7 6DW