Back by popular demand! Join Bronia Evers in this digital workshop via Windows Teams, where you will learn how to make your
Back by popular demand!
Join Bronia Evers in this digital workshop via Windows Teams, where you will learn how to make your own ‘crankie’ theatre (moving panoramas – a pre-cinematic form of moving image) in two sessions (part 2 on Wednesday 8 Feb 18:00 – 19:30). Sign up here (open until 3 February).
To join this workshop you will need to gather the materials from this list:
- 1 Cook’s Matchbox. Dimensions: 12cmx6.6cmx2.5cm.
- Some thin scrap cardboard (eg old cereal box).
- At least 2 sheets of thin plain white A4 paper (printer paper is ideal).
- A pencil for drawing with.
- Two extra pencils that will become your crankie rods OR 2 disposable wooden chopsticks.
- Craft knife.
- A ruler (a metal ruler is ideal but any ruler will be ok).
- Cutting board (or use an old bread board or a thick piece of scrap cardboard).
- Strong glue eg. UHU/bostik or a strong white PVA-type glue.
- Pritstick/glue stick.
- Art materials of your choice to decorate your crankie. You don’t need lots of materials, but at least one of the following will be useful: colour pencils, black fine line pen, felt tip pens, crayons, watercolour or gouache paints.
- Optional extras: coloured paper, collage materials, sequins.
Once you have signed up you will receive an invitation to collect a template at your nearest local library between 1 – 6 February 2023. You will need this template to build your crankie during the workshop.
Bronia Evers is a storyteller, designer, maker and puppeteer. Her practice combines spoken word storytelling with hand-crafted performing objects, sets and puppets. Her current work focuses on creating moving panoramas – a pre-cinematic form of moving image (also known as crankies), and embedding these in live and digital performances.
Find all the programme, stories, workshops and tips on how to improve your storytelling in the festival’s page: Hounslow Digital Festival of Storytelling 2023.
(Tuesday) 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm