Hounslow Council offers the Try Before You Bike scheme. This scheme allows individuals to try out a new or nearly new bike for a monthly fee. Peddle My Wheels run this programme on behalf of the Council. If you like the bike you receive, you can later buy it at a discounted price or continue to pay monthly until you own it. Available to those who live, work or study in Hounslow.
Within this scheme, you are able to:
- Try a bike from £10 for kids | £20 for adults | £20 for folding | £50 for electric | £100 for e-cargo bikes.
- Choose from a range of bikes and accessories using the helpful guide to select the right one for you.
- The bike will be delivered to your door along with a free cycle skills session to get you started.
- You can return your bike any time after one month. No deposit, interest or cancellation fees.
- All bikes come with lights, locks and a helm
- Maintenance and theft cover available for peace of mind.
- For users with special requirements for cycling, of which standard bikes do not accommodate, you are able to try a range of adapted bikes available through Peddle My Wheels.
The Try Before You Bike scheme allows individuals to trial a cargo bike, making it easier for parents to carry their children to school efficiently, for users to go shopping, and for business owners to use the cargo bikes as a sustainable delivery option.
Within the scheme, there are a range of different types of cargo bikes available on offer, these being: two-wheeled, three-wheeled or electric cargo bikes, which are all available from £100. As well as the discounted price upon purchasing and paying monthly until purchase choices, this scheme allows you to trial a cargo bike for one month and includes a free induction session and three-month service.