Whitehead Aircraft Limited and Propeller Sculpture

Browells Ln, Feltham TW13 7ES

This is the former site of the Whitehead Aircraft Limited factories, where aircraft, notably Sopwith Pups and Airco DeHavilland D.H.9s, were made during WW1. Set up by John Alexander Whitehead in 1914, the firm operated throughout the war, though was declared bankrupt in 1919. Today, Russel House, headquarters of Russel Finex, world leaders in sieving technology, stands in its place.
The propeller sculpture was designed and constructed by William Peers to commemorate the former use of this site for the architecture and repair of aircraft in association with Hanworth Air Park.