UEFA Women’s EURO 2022
Hounslow is ready to welcome football fans to its Brentford Community Stadium this summer for UEFA Women’s EURO 2022!
The tournament is a fantastic opportunity for women and girls to engage in a healthy lifestyle through football. Find out how the tournament will help drive positive change in girls and women’s football at Legacy London.
Want to get involved? Find a local football session in Hounslow.
Ticketing, Match days & Roadshows
Funding & Support
Hounslow’s schools and communities are being offered support to set up new football-based sessions for women and girls across the borough.
- UEFA Women’s Legacy Fund will support the setup of local sessions in Hounslow like “Soccercise” or women’s football coaching sessions. If your school or community group is interested in finding out more about the please get in touch with Sian Osmond at Middlesex FA Sian.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EHVCS online workshops are one way to find out more. Learn about the Legacy funding available and types of activities already running in your local area. Visit the EHCVS website or contact Sian Osmond Sian.Osmond@middlesexfa.com for more information.
- Wildcats Football Centres offer girls aged 5-11 a chance to try football for the first time and provide regular opportunities to play. Clubs and organisations that are looking to set up their own Wildcats Centre should submit an EOI online.
- Squad Girls is a great opportunities to start up recreational football for girls aged 12-14 years old. The emphasis on fun, friendship and enjoyment. Clubs and organisations can get support for starting up 5-11 and 12-14 girls football.
- Disability Football includes flexible, inclusive and accessible opportunities for everyone. Find out how you can get involved at Disability Football. Find out more about Middlesex FA’s PAN Disability League New Youth Division, The FA Introduction to Coaching Qualification, Disability Football sessions in schools, clubs and disability organisations, and Women’s Powerchair Football. Contact email@example.com
Communities & Clubs
It’s time to rally your group, club or school! To get involved in a local session please contact the organiser directly;
- Women’s Recreation Football at Gunnersbury Park – Contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Street 45 at Heston Leisure Centre – Contact via email: email@example.com
- Just Play sessions in Osterley – Contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHW Women’s Mental Health League – Contact via email: email@example.com
- Super 5s League – Contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wildcats – Fun Football Centres for girls 5-11yrs various locations in Hounslow
- Adult Female Disability Football at Gunnersbury Park – Tues 11-1pm Contact email@example.com
Find a local football session in Hounslow via the find.englandfootball.com website.
Engage your pupils this year with a range of free and exciting resources to help bring the biggest women’s football event in Europe to life!
- Download our Schools Packs available for Primary and Secondary Schools (KS2 & KS3) in Hounslow. Resources have been developed by an appointed educational agency Everfi; visit UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 Schools Programme
Find out more about the fantastic range of opportunities & FREE resources including;
- Heritage and Football Festival Packs
- Create your own School Fan Zone Guide
- School Assembly Resources
- Tournament Journal
- Take Home Activities
- Lego Activity Resources
- Girl Guiding Football Badge
- Miss Kicks Legacy Ambassador Programme
- FA Schools week 11th -17th July
Take part in local activities for Hounslow schools;
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Local Anthem – Online Zoom Tuesday 7th June 4-5.20pm. Contact Aretha.George@hounslow.gov.uk
- Sport Impact’s Annual Dance Festival – Wednesday 6th July 4-7pm @ Heathland School. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brentford FC CST Year 7 & 8 Football Tournament – 8th July @ Gunnersbury Park. Contact Luke Brooks-Smith email@example.com
Coaching and education courses
Coaching is a great way to get involved in the game by becoming an FA qualified coach, not only are you taking the first steps into a rewarding career, but you can become a role model for the next generation of female coaches and players.
- FA Playmaker Course provides skills, guidance and tips so anyone can help create safe, fun, and inclusive football visit The FA Playmaker goes live! – Middlesex FA.
- 100FC is an award winning coaching programme for females (16+) across London, run by Amateur FA, London FA and Middlesex FA, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FA Referee Course for Women 14yrs+ is a discounted female only referee course available visit www.middlesexfa.com/news.
- WE REFEREE is a support group for women and girls refereeing in Middlesex. The group meet informally throughout the season with the purpose of supporting our female officials within their refereeing journey.
Volunteering is an excellent way to get involved with the UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 tournament. Volunteers will receive a uniform; food and refreshment whilst performing their volunteer role and the buzz of meeting fellow volunteers. In addition, you will get to see the excitement of the spectators, and the positive reaction when welcoming or assisting them enroute to the venue. For more information visit uefa.com/womenseuro/.